5.19.2008

but not the kind that files papers

Just got word from the Air Force that they granted my deferment request, which means I'm clerking for one of the judges on the state court of appeals, which means I'll be sticking around in-state for another year.

But here's one of the cooler parts: it also means I should end up writing some of the court's decisions, which is cool to someone who has spent the last three years being nerdified in law school. I wonder how good the odds are that I can sneak a cuz I said so, beeyotch into of one of the opinions.

5 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger chelfea said...

So you're gonna be a clerk, huh? Well, count the change carefully when you give it back. I'm tired of being shorted my pennies!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger T.M. said...

Your pennies will be accounted for. I cannot say the same for your civil liberties, however.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Nothing said...

Congrats. Good to have you in the area for at least another year!

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you sneak in "true dat" or "woot" as well? Because that would bring joy to my cold heart.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger T.M. said...

Both "true dat" and "woot" seem like excellent prospects for a concurrence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home