3.13.2008

thanks, buddy

So there was this male customer at the wife's old coffee shop (yes, she's at a different one now, covering for a manager on maternity leave - keep up, people) who repeatedly tried to convince her that I was going to leave her after graduating, since that's what lawyers do. Then when she mentioned to him that I am joining the Air Force JAG he came in the next day with divorce rate stats for the Air Force. Really, man? Who does that?

But you can be confident, dear reader, that the wife and I will not divorce anytime soon. No, I've assured her and I assure you too that I will wait until we live in a state with more husband-friendly divorce laws.*


*I feel bad even writing that last sentence. Sorry, hun. How do you feel about going out for dinner tonight? I know, I know - I've already made my bed on the couch.

4 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Nothing said...

She should have told him that she was secretly a lesbian and only married to you for tax reasons (yikes!). That would have made him go away.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger T.M. said...

Sounds remarkably like a dream someone once told me about....

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger nmrboy said...

ouch. for a while i had some guy called richard (i felt like we had at least one thing in common, our taste in women, so i resolved to use the familiar contraction "dick") asking my girlfriend (in england) when she was going to leave "that guy in america". the problem resolved itself around the time she left me, though.

i'm having a 'positive' day. woo!

n.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger T.M. said...

Not an encouraging anecdote. I may have to start stalking my own wife, just to make sure she's staying on the straight and narrow.

In better news, though, I'm honored to have you comment on my blog - I enjoy reading yours whenever I get the chance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home