1.17.2008

hu who?

If you will, please allow me yet another post based on extremely tenuous celebrity connections.

The wife attended a round table yesterday that featured some corporate big wigs as the facilitators. One of them related a story of when she was at corporate headquarters a little while ago and was en route to a meeting. At one point (I'm unclear as to whether this was in an elevator, during a pre-meeting discussion, or what) she notices a man standing beside her whom she had never met before. Wanting to be friendly, she turns, introduces herself, and asks, "What do you do with the company?" His response: "I'm...the president of China." It turns out she was speaking to the guest of honor at this big meeting she was about to attend. Whoops.

***

On an unrelated note, I'd like to express my pure joy over the fact that primary season is upon us. For whatever sick reason, I get more excited about elections than I do about Christmas. What with the primaries spread out as they are, it's like having a political advent calendar. I guess that means Super Tuesday is the big prize you get on Christmas Eve.

5 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Nothing said...

You know, when people ask me what I "do here" I often tell them I am also the president of some other country. That "president of China" thing has been used by others before...

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger T.M. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger T.M. said...

Hmmm, good point. She did mention that he had red hair and spoke with a Scottish accent.

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A comment on the primaries: I wanted to wish you a merry Super Tuesday eve. Hello to the wife and puglet.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger T.M. said...

Thank you - I for one have had visions of hanging chads dancing in my head.

The wife and puglet say hello in return.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home