3.11.2009

justice blue eyes

I tried to think of a way to cleverly bring this up but I've been unsuccessful thus far and I need to go to bed now so I'll just throw it out there plain and simple -- I'll be hanging with Chief Justice John Roberts tomorrow evening. Just the two of us, him piercing my soul with his eyes.

Actually, I'm anticipating a throng of people with my wife and I lost somewhere in the back of the room, me wondering why I bothered to dress up in a full suit during non-office hours just to eat bad appetizers while standing next to some angry lawyer. (Who isn't my wife. Though my wife is also next to me. She's just not the angry lawyer. I have no connection to this hypothetical angry lawyer. There are a total of three people standing there. Well, plus the rest of the room. Agh, ambiguous verbage.) If, however, the event turns out to be anything more than that I will be quite pleased.

And yes, I am taking suggestions on awkward things to say should I actually meet him.

3 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear you ask justice blue eyes if he is in favor of legislating from the bench just this one time and revising the presidential oath of office. Does he think that it has, perhaps, too many places for confusing pauses? Could it be reduced to one word answers, instead of all this "I [insert president elect's name here] business"? Or did he like the opportunity to make history?
That's what I'd ask.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Litigious Mind said...

Was I angry?

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger T.M. said...

Turns out there were too many people for me to ask him about his opinion on oath revision, but I did get to sit next to an angry lawyer.

Actually, Litigious, you weren't angry, but I was planning on posting an update anyway referencing the angry lawyer bit and linking to your blog. Alas, you beat me to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home