1.31.2009

duuuuude

Background: My great-grandfather owned a farm in Michigan, which had been passed down the family to him and onto my grandmother and her brother before they had to sell it to a steel corporation (hoorah for the steamroller of progress!). At the time my great-grandfather still owned it, he donated some of the land to the adjacent high school for use as their football field, which they subsequently named after him. That being the case, I recently searched for the high school to see if I could find pictures of the field.

The odd thing is this: The school's address, I kid you not, is 420 High Street. Are you friggin' kidding me? And while I'm at it, I'll throw out there that the town is Potterville. Not so funny on its own, but when you add it to the address, well huh.

3 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Nothing said...

Yes, but is the school called something like "Potterville HIGH"? Get it? Eh?

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger T.M. said...

It is Potterville High School, so I guess so? I'm assuming it's High Street because it's the street the high school is on, but it seems as though they could have gone with High School Street, especially if the address is 420.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger chelfea said...

I seem to recall a lot of "High" streets in England -- kind of the equivalent of Main Street. So either the settlers of Potterville were British...OR THEY HAD A BRILLIANT SENSE OF HUMOR!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home