8.25.2007

now, the moment you haven't been waiting for...

I know, I know -- you're all desperate to see pictures of the Peru trip. Well, lucky reader, it is my pleasure to present to you...a trip

We started off in Lima, land of protests and women with llamas on their heads.

"We need a statue of a woman," the man told the sculptor. "And there needs to be llama on her head. "Llama?" "Yes, llama." "OK, it's your statute." Someone should have asked whether "llama," Spanish word for furry Andean creature, was intended, or "llama," Spanish word for fire. True story.

After Lima, we went to Huacachina, a tiny oasis out in the middle of a bunch of sand dunes. There was an ugly pug with a Peruvian orange around his neck, and there were sand dunes.



There was Titicaca (now suppressing childish giggles)


Peruvian Coast Guard boat. Really.

The whole lake wasn't this slimy. See the Bolivian picture below.

There was a short trip to Bolivia, home of Evo Morales and ladies with florescent blankets and bowler hats.

There were also other things that I'm too lazy to post, so I'll wrap it up with the final place we visited - Machu Picchu. It was steep.



It was like the postcards


And it was be-llama-ed



In the end, we flew home. I knew our plane was safe, because security had already confiscated all the handguns, butcher knifes, blow guns, and bow and arrow sets.

So there ya go. Thanks for sticking it out.

2 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Nothing said...

Nice pics, though I am not jealous of your trip sickness. It seems like that happens to you a lot.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger T.M. said...

36 hours of falafel-induced entertainment, that's how I look at it.

I do take exception to the comment that it happens to me a lot, though. 30 countries, and I've only been sick in India and Peru. I did also get sick in Laos, but the doctor said that I would have actually contracted the pneumonia in Thailand, which doesn't count as travel sickness, since I had already been living in Thailand for two years.

And less the Peru and India sicknesses make me look like a girly-man, I should also point out that the wife also got sick in both of those places, though her Peru sickness admittedly did not involve midnight vomit sessions.

Phew, honor sufficiently defended.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home