4.20.2007

insert insensitive title here

Since becoming a store manager of the-entity-which-shall-remain-unnamed, my wife's had to fire a couple people. It's possible that she feels bad about this on her own, but just to make sure, I usually give her an extra hard time about it.

Like when she fired the suicidal girl. She just stopped coming to work, she said. Her blood will be on your hands, I said. Most recently, it was a guy who, well, had a number of issues. Just watch, I said, he's going to come back and have a shootout.

So today, the wife gets to work and discovers that the local college and high school are both closed down, the news networks are splashing someone's picture across the screens, and the police are on a manhunt. Something about a threatened shooting to commemorate Columbine. Turns out, the suspect was the person she had just fired. Lest you worry, you should know that several hours and multiple calls to the police later, the guy was apprehended.

Is an "I told you so" inappropriate?

3 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger Lindsey Lou said...

You are so mean.

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's crazy. Did she talk to the police about it?

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger T.M. said...

Yeah, they actually called her pretty quickly. They somehow knew his whole work history already, which is how they knew to call her. I actually feel a bit sorry for the guy -- I don't think he would have actually done it, I just think he really needs attention. Who knows...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home