3.26.2007

high-brow spam

So I've been getting this rather bizarre spam for quite a while now. Gmail lets me see the first few words of each email and when I glance at my spam folder to make sure nothing was sent there accidentally, I often see some pretty high-brow, albeit vaguely ESL, spam.

An example: "...of languid elegance which would have been very effective if his twinkling eyes so I give you fair warning, in such case I'll break the bargain, and go straight some poky old maid who will cuddle him when he is sick."

I finally broke down and googled a few select phrases, and found out that most the spam messages contain excerpts of Louisa May Alcott works, with a little bit of The Wizard of Oz thrown in for good measure. Odd, huh? I guess its better than messages about pills that can...well, you get the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home