4.26.2006

whoops

Well, it's official. I was an accident. I always had my suspicions, but my dad confirmed them last night on the phone. Apparently he somehow let the news slip while speaking to my younger brother, who was, needless to say, eager to tell me the good news. Fearing that my brother might not break it to me as gently as he would, my dad decided it would be best to tell me before my brother called.

In my opinion this at least isn't as bad as a certain someone else I know, who is ten years younger than her closest sibling, but nevertheless never suspected she was an accident. The very first time she ever told me how old her next oldest sibling was I immediately assumed she was an accident, but she always just assumed...well, I'm not sure what she assumed. The icing on the cake, however, was that I was actually there when she asked her mom, who then told her that she in fact was an accident. A little awkward for me.

****

Going back to the circumstances of my birth, I have one other note. Apparently when I was born, the doctor brought me out to see my dad, who's first question was "how is he?" The doctor's reply? "Well, he's not going to be president." Both an accident and a presidential non-starter. I was doomed from the start.

1 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Nothing said...

Poor boy. Oh well, accidents do happen. They actually tried to abort Bush Jr., and in so doing, damaged his brain. But, hey, if he can become president, then sky's the limit for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home