4.10.2006

i was here first

About six years ago, I was able to live out a life-long dream - namely, taking a phallic leaning tower of pisa photo. As proof of such, I submit exhibit A:



You will also notice that at the precise moment the photo was taken, a tourist was pointing something out to his wife that, I admit, was probably not my incredible endowment, but nevertheless gives the distinct impression that it was. For additional viewing pleasure, notice the look of amazement/covetousness on her face. While all others were taking photos of themselves with their hand up against the tower to make it look as though they were propping the tower up, I was taking this beauty. My pride knew no bounds. Until one dark day sometime last year. That's when I saw this:



No you didn't, Rob Schneider, no you didn't. You claim-jumping SOB. If this were the wild west, I'd take you down at high noon.

Now, I will begrudgingly admit that in the more than 800 years since the tower first started to lean, a couple other people may have had the same idea as I did. But it hadn't been mass-produced until Mr. Schneider decided to pull a fast one on me. Now whenever people see my phallic tower of pisa, their first reaction will be, "Hey - did you get that from that one Rob Schneider movie?" I have nothing left to live for. Thanks a lot, Rob.

2 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Nothing said...

I bet you stole it from Rob. He thought of it first. Admit it, he's probably the greatest comedic genius ever to walk the face of this lowly, humorless planet. Mere mortals like us would do well to remember that, no matter how hackneyed or trite his movies may be, they are probably in reality far too funny for our poor brains to understand...and anything he does in his posters that mimics our own humorous snapshots was probably his idea first. After all: he is the humor god, and his gaze is all seeing.

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the tower of pisa was fine until chuck norris was walking across italy and it was in his way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home